movie: avatar

Last Saturday, I went out with my buddy, Yuska, to watch Avatar at Senayan City. Well, it's not as crowded as I thought it would be. I mean, people who went gaga for New Moon should be more gaga for this one. It's a bit slow, but again, maybe it's a long weekend and some preferred to stay out of the city.

Yes, Senayan City, the mall that had a bit of terrible accident about a month ago. We went there. Yes, there were sales all over the place and I did get to try a sip on the Toffe Latte at Starbucks. I must say, it's so ordinary. Yuska will definitely agree with me on this one.

The movie, however, is far from ordinary. Avatar is James Cameron's last movie after Titanic. Well, Actually Cameron did make some movies, they're mostly documentaries or small-tv series. So we are safe to say that Avatar is his comeback after Titanic, in 1997.

What makes Avatar so special? The story line is really simple and it has no big twists. We have seen or heard it before. It reminds me a bit of Princess Mononoke and Pandorum. But the images, the world Cameron created for the movie is just superb. It's a treat for all special-effect lovers. The Na'vi people, the language, the sights, the creature, the new world, they were carefully crafted (or designed).

From all his movies, I believe when Cameron decided to do something, I bet he would just go all the way - big scale. Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2 are proofs how advance he is when it comes to sci-fi movies.

So if you haven't seen it, you might want to rush yourself to the nearest cinema, Oh no, go to the one that has 3D, and enjoy the wild ride to Pandora. James Cameron is again the king of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment