dear future alex

Hello future Alex!

I wrote this post from the present simply to apologize for the things I have done and probably you're still paying the price. Yes, it's true. There have been things I'm not proud of, but I was not thinking clear or will not be thinking clear when I made or make that decision.

There's a chance while you're reading this post, you might be sitting in your new office. There's also a bit fat chance that you might not like what you're doing. You miss your old desk, you miss your friends and you even miss those craps they serve daily at the canteen. I cannot express how it must have felt for you, but please understand, it took me a while to make that decision and it just feels right. I hope you're not quitting simply because it's difficult, but you will find your way to embrace the challenge.

But yes, missing your friends is simply natural, but you might have or will make more new friends.

Remember April 8, 2013? Remember how you hit rock bottom? And as the saying goes, when you hit rock bottom, there's no other ways to go, but up. I'm blabbering, but my point is we've been or seen the worst. We've learned our lessons, we should've been much wiser by now. If not, at least, we understand the chances we've been given. Should we be nothing else, but thankful.

I'm pretty sure that I might do more errors as time passes by. I might hurt your friends, disappoint your family, constantly have disagreements with your co-workers to which you definitely have to suffer the consequences. Includes this post, to which I'm about to publish, you might be ashamed of not only the content, but how poorly it's structured. Ha!

I'm constantly struggling in making the proper decisions. I'm trying not to lose myself. I wish there was a way for you to guide me, warn me of things I might do that affect both of our lives. Oh Future Alex, I have a clear vision of what you should be and I hope I will not fall in doing things that might screw that vivid image of you that we both can be proud of.

Don't forget to call your mom.

Don't forget to appreciate your co-workers.

Call your old friends and do some catch-ups.

Travel, eat well, read books and always be kind.

Sincerely,

Your oldest pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment