a traveler's tales: finding mickey

My favorite disney's movie (well, one of them anyway) is The Little Mermaid and one of the songs from the animation is Part of Your World. So can you imagine how I reacted when I hear that song on my way to the theme park? I jumped like a monkey, although then my cynical nephew reminded how old I actually am. 

I believe that's the charm of this theme park. Forget about the rides, forget about the food (seriously!), it's all about the memories. That first sparkling connection we had with any of the characters from Disney's movies.

I remember how my sister first bought me Cinderella video. Remember the scene where the birds woke Cinderella up in the morning by calling her name? That's how I first met Disney. I'm sure we all have our first encounter and it's somehow magical, isn't it? 

To keep it short, if you're an adrenaline junkie and you missed all Toy Story movies, I must say, this theme park might bore you. 

However, the theme park itself, in my personal opinion is a bit small, but if you count the whole area, which includes hotels, the shuttle station, trains station, that's another story. I believe, with many development plans in the future, this theme park might have more varieties. Anyway, Disneyland (currently) is divided into 5 main areas. They are: Main Street USA, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Toy Story land and Adventureland.

My favorite so far is the most dangerous one, Mickey's PhilharMagic (yeah, right!). Hahaha. NOT! But one of the clips featured in the 4D movie is Part of Your World, which had me (almost) crying. Most of the rides allow kids with minimum height of 4 feet. So go figure! 

I spent the last 6 hours all alone. Taking my own photos (with or without timer) in the most inconvenient position, making me look like one big nutso. But I had all the fun I could possibly have. I met a very exciting young toddlers who's crazy about my new Mickey's Ears or this very kind uncle who agreed to take my photos. 

I guess in a way, I want to say that I had great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment