a letter for a friend

Dear friend,

By the time you receive this email, you might not be in Jakarta anymore, but I do hope that you get it. This morning, as I prepared myself to work, I was thinking about saying good-bye, complete with my puffy eyes.

As I mentioned before, can a BYE be good? I totally don't understand this. No matter how, when, where we say it, for me, it will never be good. But to call it a BAD BYE will make it worse.

First of all, I want to say that I'm sorry for all the bumps. They're not really that fun, are they? I'm glad that you still want to put up with me after all said and done. I know it wasn't easy to cope with my silliness. Thank you for being so patient and kind.

I also want to thank you for being there. I know most of the time we're together, I was the whiny one. You have no idea how much I enjoyed complaining things to you because not only you're not judgmental, you always give the best opinions. You know exactly how to say things without patronizing me.

But despite the craziness, we did have fun, didn't we? Weren't we wild at Samudera Suki then (never judge a man by his figure, I do eat a lot)? And come to think of it, I wish we met more often. There were plans that we never really had the chance to do. Didn't we always want to go to Bandung for those cheap fake Ed Hardys (HAHAHAHA)? Or Cruising around Kelapa Gading area for the thing we love the most, food?

I will miss you. I will miss those days. I will miss those three-four hours calls. I will think of you everytime I pass the street of Pangeran Jayakarta or when I'm in Pacific Place.I also think you're very brave to go out there. I think of you as an inspiration. I think I've learned so many things from you. Your bravery, your kindness, your patience and your endless support, I think you're one good man.

Last, I wish I could tie you down and ask you not to go. I hate when they use "kalau ada sumur di ladang" to describe a farewell, but truly if we ever meet again, even for a very short amount of time, I will definitely go for it.

Good luck, my friend, my dearest, not that you need it. You will do well as you did when you're here.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment